These are our wonderful mascots which were created by Beth Hill from Worcester Resource Exchange who is also a scrapstoresUK Trustee.
The next Owl is the amazing ScrapstoresUK mascot made by Beth at Worcester Resource Exchange. All of it has been made out of scrapstore scrap and it's just fantastic. The photo doesn't really do it justice and if you see it in person it’s great fun to try to work out what all the bits used to be...
Here’s some help;
- The body, head and wings have been made from giant baubles which have come from a retail Christmas display. They have been cut to shape and fixed together.
- The toadstool has also been made from a bauble but has been covered in sticky back vinyl off cuts to create the red colour.
- The chest feathers have been created by sticking on silver foil cut outs.
- Now for the beak and claws, can you guess? This one’s really special; they are made from speedometer needles. So imaginative!
- Even the grass is waste, an offcut of artificial turf.
- Shelley - our snail has a cardboard tail and head with skewered Christmas baubles on the ends
Right now I'm feeling all creative, hope you are too.
Remember to comment, we really like comments; well nice ones anyway.
Claire Drake scrapstoresUK Trustee based at Scrap Magic in Bradford